‘Hero’ dad Abdul Aziz saved people from Christchurch terrorist

‘Hero’ dad Abdul Aziz saved people from Christchurch terrorist

The Australian terrorist who filmed himself slaughtering 50 worshipers at two mosques in New Zealand has asked to represent himself in court, prompting concerns the trial could become a platform to promote his far-Right ideology.

Latef Alabi, the Linwood mosque's acting imam, said the death toll would have been far higher at the Linwood mosque if it wasn't for Aziz.

Aziz said police who arrived after the shooting blocked him from re-entering the mosque, thinking he might have been the gunman as he was seen earlier with the weapon.

Aziz's action terminated the killing spree.

He said he was relieved that there was less bloodshed in comparison with the other mosque. At first, he thought it was a police officer but then he noticed two dead bodies near him.

"I realised this is something else". He says he told congregants to get down.

That what when it dawned on the congregation that they were under attack.

Police rammed the suspect's vehicle and arrested him as he drove away from the second mosque in the suburb of Linwood.

"The boy next to me, he was young, maybe 11, 12 years old and screaming to me, "My father is dying, my father is dying", Alam said.

Alabi said the community leaders had requested the process be done as quickly as possible. "He just swore at me and took off", Aziz said. "A couple of centimetres lower and I would be dead", he told stuff.co.nz, saying he fled from the mosque while the gunman's attention was elsewhere. He said "I just wanted to scare him so that he doesn't come inside, but unfortunately, he did come in".

Читайте также: Ethiopian Airlines crash victims' families offered burnt in place of bodies

No time for the release of the bodies for burial had been agreed, but Alabi said it would "probably" start from Sunday.

But the priority for grieving family and friends on Sunday was laying their loved ones to rest.

"No one listened to me until unfortunately he came from behind and he shot one of our brothers in the head through the window. I will pray for them".

Kawthar Abulaban, 54, who survived the shooting at the Al Noor Mosque, came to the burial site to see the preparations. "He sat in his auto and with the shotgun in my hands, I threw it through his window like an arrow". "Every time he stopped, I thought he was gone".

He added: "The MSSA (military-style semi-automatic) reportedly used by the alleged gunman was not purchased from Gun City". Another shooting happened a short while later at a nearby mosque in the city.

Officers will stand guard outside all mosques across the New Zealand that choose to open their doors, while police have promised an increased presence across the country as people return to work and school on Monday.

Mourners pay their respects at a makeshift memorial near the Masjid Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, Saturday, March 16, 2019.

New South Wales Police said: "The primary aim of the activity is to formally obtain material that may assist New Zealand Police in their ongoing investigation".

Ms Ardern said her office was one of more than 30 recipients of an emailed copy of the manifesto just nine minutes before guns were fired.

He thinks it is what anyone would have done.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Related Articles