Minutes after their arrival at Ataturk International Airport, two cars can be seen taking the men to Gate E, where eight of them are seen on camera passing through passport control.
Some of the names and photographs have been matched to known members of the Saudi army and other security forces. The reports did not cite a source and there was no official confirmation of the claim.
The State Department didn't respond to Fox News request for a comment.
The announcement came as a surveillance image surfaced of Jamal Khashoggi walking into the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, just before he disappeared.
Crown Prince Mohammed's brother and the Saudi ambassador to the US, Prince Khaled bin Salman al-Saud, has insisted all the reports about his disappearance or death "are completely false and baseless".
Earlier on Wednesday, several Turkish newspapers published the identities of 15 Saudi men who Turkish authorities believe were part of a hit squad which touched down in Istanbul the same day Khashoggi visited the consulate, departing later that day. The team arrived in Istanbul on two private planes, one of which landed after 3 a.m. (0000 GMT) on Tuesday while the second plane landed around 5 p.m. (1400 GMT) after Khashoggi entered the consulate. While that story said Khashoggi may have been murdered, another Sabah story said he may have been taken out of the country on one of the jets.
The Times' Turkish sources noted that the killing, if it did happen, could only have been ordered by senior Saudi leaders due to its complexity. He is an outspoken critic of Saudi Arabia who has dared to defy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom's de facto ruler.
Overall, he decried a "global epidemic" of the stigmatization of journalists, "whether it's the United States and Donald Trump calling them "the enemy of the people" or it's [President] Rodrigo Duterte in the Philippines doing much the same thing - where any number of other places journalists are under threat".
Even in exile he refused to outright condemn the Saudi regime, especially on alleged war crimes in Yemen and the crackdown on dissent back in Saudi Arabia.
On Wednesday, the Post published a column by Khashoggi's fiancee, Hatice Cengiz. The two soon agreed to marry, but in order to do so he needed to finalise his divorce with his first wife in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi authorities have denied the Turkish allegations and say that Khashoggi left the consulate soon after his meeting, without offering proof he did.
Saudi Arabia has remained silent as the images have played across television networks in Turkey and around the world. But a source close to the kingdom's royal family has claimed to DailyMail.com that the journalist is still alive and being held in Saudi Arabia.