Ebola is suspected to have caused as many as 33 deaths during the latest outbreak of the virus in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), the health ministry said.
A health worker checks people's temperatures as they disembark a plane at the airport in Kinshasa, Congo, June 2, 2018.
The total death toll has reached seven from 16 confirmed cases, the ministry said in a bulletin on Monday.
But workers were still able to travel hundreds of miles by motorbike to trace people who had come into contact with the virus, a vital part of its containment.
There are 33 additional "suspected cases" in the North Kivu outbreak that are pending lab test results to "confirm or exclude Ebola virus disease", according to WHO.
Of these, 13 cases had been confirmed, three of whom had died.
World Health Organization has said 3,000 doses of the vaccine are still in DR Congo's capital, Kinshasa, and that it can access up to 300,000 more on short notice. Individuals frequently cross the border for trade, which, combined with humanitarian and security issues in the region, could make the outbreak harder to contain.
"The cold chain for the vaccinations arrived in Beni on this sixth of August", the statement said. The area comprises one million displaced people and shares borders with neighbouring countries of Rwanda and Uganda.
Dr Derek Gatherer, a virologist from Lancaster University, warned the outbreak earlier this summer was "reminiscent" of the 2014 Ebola pandemic.
This region north of North Kivu province is already threatened by armed groups including the fearsome Ugandan Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) who have terrorized Beni for several years.
Despite that Ebola is never an easy illness to combat, the current outbreak is much more hard than previous ones primarily because of the location in which it appeared.