Man finds wife and 'her lover' dead of carbon monoxide poisoning

Adjust Comment Print

Kahali Johnson found his wife Tameka Hargrave, 39, and her lover, 56, dead of carbon monoxide poisoning near a running auto in a closed garage where they had been having sex.

Her husband, Kahali Johnson, told ABC he found their bodies inside the garage, along with had been left running in a closed garage, and called police just before 9pm.


Johnson made the bad discovery after coming home from work Monday and smelling gas at the apartment complex in Newark, Nj., where he lived.

Notably, law enforcement sources believe the mechanic was also Hargrave's lover, WNBC reports.


According to FOX News, law enforcement officials believe Hargrave's was having sex with the mechanic in exchange for vehicle fix.

Johnson said that he arrived at his New Jersey home home and found the two dead in the garage. They were both pronounced dead. Newark police spokesperson Catherine Adams said the deaths "appeared to be accidental". "Basically she died because of carbon monoxide", Johnson said. He said it smelled like automobile exhaust, and eventually, he made his way to the garage before finding the running vehicle and the two victims. I want her to see me graduate high school.


Emergency responders and police are on the scene investigating a possible carbon monoxide poisoning incident with fatal injuries reported at this time. "I can't do that", daughter Khalisha Johnson told CBS.

Comments