Farrah Fawcett's Son Charged With Attempted Murder After Alleged Violent Attacks

Adjust Comment Print

Redmond, who is currently in jail after being arrested last month for an alleged armed robbery, now has been charged with a long list of offenses including attempted murder. As for the May 8 robbery, Redmond has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Prior to O'Neal's arrest, a crime spree had wreaked havoc on that area of West L.A., with five men being randomly attacked, according to LAPD.

O'Neal is alleged to have gotten into an argument and punched a stranger on the night of May 2.

Around 2:30 a.m. that day, O'Neal tried to rob a convenience store in Santa Monica, brandishing a knife and demanding cash from the clerk, authorities said.

The son of two famous Hollywood actors is accused of conducting a crime spree in Southern California that left one man stabbed in the face and lying in a pool of blood, USA Today reports.

"Initially, the victim thought that the suspect (O'Neal) had merely "punched" him in the back", LAPD officials said in a press release. "However, once paramedics arrived, the paramedics discovered that the victim had sustained serious stab wounds to the left side of his body", the statement continued.

O'Neal allegedly got into a fight at a coffee shop and threatened staff with a knife on May 5, police said. The evidence was presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office's Airport Branch on Friday, according to Los Angeles ABC station KABC, which returned charges of attempted murder, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one count of criminal threats, one count of brandishing a knife and one count of battery.

O'Neal's parents are Ryan O'Neal and the late Fawcett, who were together from 1979 to 1997 and 2001 until her death in 2009.

O'Neal was previously arrested in 2008 for a DUI and drug possession, and again in 2011 for heroin possession.

Redmond O'Neal's father is actor Ryan O'Neal, who was in a relationship with Fawcett for decades. Sources close to the family says he reportedly struggles with drug and legal issues. They sentenced him to three years in a state prison, but they released him the following year.