National Football League linebacker Reuben Foster's accuser recants domestic violence claim

Adjust Comment Print

Elissa Ennis, the alleged victim in Reuben Foster's domestic violence case, testified Thursday that she lied about Foster's abuse in a "money scheme".

'I was threatening Reuben, ' the 28-year-old Ennis said under oath, according to Bay Area News Group's Cam Inman. "I wanted to f*** his s*** up", Ennis said during her emotional two-hour testimony.

Ennis' initial allegations were that Foster dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of the house and punched her in the head 8 to 10 times on February 10, leaving her with a ruptured ear drum. The next court date is set for May 23. "I'm sorry. I apologize to everyone". Foster pleaded not guilty last week. He invoked his right to a speedy trial, so if Klippen clears the way, it would have to start no later than July 9.

Ennis said Foster had not paid her to change her story. There is no official record of any false report of domestic violence.

Ennis admitted to getting into a road rage fight in San Francisco where she fought one or two women for 15 minutes on the side of a street.

Foster does still face a felony weapons charge, although that could be reduced to a misdemeanor as his hearing continues.

Foster was charged for the incident in April, and about two weeks after, Ennis recanted her accusation through her attorney.

Foster was arrested after Ennis told police he dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of their house, and punched her in the head eight to 10 times in February.

She also admitted to stealing more than $8,000 from Foster after taking his account and routing numbers. She said she took jewelry and money and stored it in a safe in Louisiana. Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police Department detective Jason Wiens testified there was no evidence that Ennis and Foster had communicated between her accusations and the first time she told authorities that she had lied about Foster. Then she said she planned to check herself into an unspecified clinic.

Reuben Foster's ex-girlfriend testified at a preliminary hearing on Thursday.

"(Foster) did not strike her, injure her or threaten her", said Rickard, who added that Foster tried to end his relationship with Ennis after he learned of the fight. It was about money ... Ennis said on the stand Thursday that she was coming from a hair appointment from the East Bay and didn't stop at a bar before getting cutting off another auto and getting into the altercation. Three calls to 911 were made that morning.

Bentley asked her directly, "Did Mr".

Ennis replied "No sir", then broke down in tears. Smith, meanwhile, said that the ruptured eardrum she suffered would be consistent with Foster hitting her.