Prankster cements his head into a microwave, emergency services save him

Adjust Comment Print

Fortunately, his friends managed to slip Swinger an air tube to enable him to breathe, allowing the hapless prankster to survive until the emergency services arrived.

After an hour or so of scrapping out the Polyfilla (think Selley's no-gap cement) with a screwdriver, whilst trying not to gouge old mate in the face, the microwave was finally wedged off.

A man who had his head cemented inside a microwave by his friends had to be rescued by firefighters after the prank almost went wrong.

The man's head had been "cemented" in by seven bags of Pollyfilla.


Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, officer in charge of the West Midlands Fire Service crew who responded, said: 'As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured'.

"As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured", said Watch Commander Dakin.

"The oven was being used as a mould, and wasn't plugged in".

The unnamed practical jokester was making videos with some friends in Wolverhampton, UK, when he came up with the supremely idiotic idea to put his entire noggin' into a microwave and proceed to fill it up with liquid cement.


Five firefighters were involved in the rescue operation.

Responders had to pull the microwave apart to get him unstuck, and they were not pleased about the call-out.

Dakin explained that the rescuers were cautious in the process because they had to use a screwdriver to remove chunks of Polyfilla close to his head.

The 22-year-old man was filming the stunt on Wednesday for video sharing site YouTube, where prank-based channels can boast tens of millions of subscribers.


"It took us almost an hour to free him", Watch Commander Dakin said.

Comments