The veteran fighter then took to social media to vent his frustration at the UFC chief teling him to "kiss my a** you bald-headed p**ck" and called him a "c**ksucker".
Hunt, who is embroiled in an ongoing legal battle with the UFC after former opponent Brock Lesnar failed two drug tests following their bout past year, responded with a foul-mouthed tirade on Facebook and vowed to launch another lawsuit against the company. "I don't slur my words, and [it] is a is a running joke between my wife and me my memory isn't that great, but who remembers shit they don't want to".
The move to replace him with Werdum would have only rubbed salt into the wounds after the Brazilian rejected Hunt's request to meet in Sydney.
On Tuesday, Ultimate Fighting Championship officials confirmed that Hunt had been removed from main event slot after the promotion became aware of a recent article the heavyweight contender wrote for Australia's Players Voice last month in which the 2001 K-1 World Grand Prix champion admitted that he had been suffering from worrying signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).
'My memory is not that good anymore'.
He said: 'I'm disappointed that I have been withdrawn from the fight, I have passed all medicals 2 days ago. Athlete health and safety is of the utmost importance to the organization and it would never knowingly schedule an athlete complaining of health issues for a fight.
"This is what I'm supposed to be doing and if I die fighting, that's fine", Hunt told Players Voice. "But I've fought a lot of drug cheats and copped a lot of punishment from guys who were cheating and that's not right".
Hunt's last bout took place in June, w when he stopped Derrick Lewis.
Werdum (22-7-1) improved to 10-4 inside the Octagon when he quickly submitted Walt Harris this past weekend. It's also unclear why the UFC would pull Hunt from the card for any reason other than fighter safety, given they'd already booked and promoted the bout.